North Texas Area Community Health Centers Host Second Annual Conference on October 3-5
October 4 @ 10:00 am - October 6 @ 12:00 pm
North Texas Area Community Health Centers will host its second annual conference, “Breaking Down Barriers: Strategies for Overcoming Systemic Healthcare Inequities in Integration Efforts,” on October 3-5 at the University of North Texas Health Science Center’s campus, 1000 Montgomery St., Fort Worth, TX 76107. The conference is free to attend, though registration is required online at www.ntachc.org. Space is limited.
The conference will focus on the following:
• The interface between healthcare/behavioral health integration via the Collaborative Care Model.
• Social determinants of health and health equity.
• The challenges and solutions, along with the technological/telehealth advances impacting the community as the quality of healthcare is advancing in today’s environment.
Featured speakers include the following:
• Dr. Miriam E. Delphin-Rittmon, Assistant Secretary for Mental Health & Substance Use for Health & Human Services (HHS) & Administrator of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
• Dr. Octavio N. Martinez, Executive Director of the Hogg Foundation
• Dr. Virna Little, Co-Founder of Concert Health & Chief Operating Officer at Zero Overdose
• Dr. Dolly P. White, M.D., MSCR, Physician (Research) Program Official, Division of Clinical and Health Services Research at the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
Gerrie Whitaker, CEO of North Texas Area Community Health Centers said, “We invite you to hear from these healthcare industry experts describe the latest developments with holistic and integrated care and expand your healthcare knowledge by learning new trends within the industry.”
Participants will also contribute to in-depth discussions about the future of healthcare and integration and have the opportunity to connect with these speakers and other professionals.
To register and for the latest schedule and information, visit www.ntachc.org.